What I Do When I'm Having A Bad Day.

Saturday 28 March 2015

Hey Everyone, today I wanted to share with you the things I like to do to relax myself when I'm not having the best of days. I often find myself coming home from work or anywhere I've been not feeling the happiest, not liking the way I look, overly tired and just wanting to hibernate in my comfy bed for as long as possible. I've found that there are certain things that really do make a difference with how I'm feeling and that's what I'm going to share with you today.


The first thing I like to do when I get home is run myself a lovely bubble bath. I normally use just whatever bubble bath is in my bathroom (usually from Radox or Imperial Leather) but occasionally I like to really treat myself with a Lush bath bomb as well. Lush sell an amazing variety of bath products, perfect for pampering yourself. My favourite bath bombs include 'Sex Bomb', 'Twilight' and 'Butterball'. When I use one of these, I swear I could lay in the bath for hours without a care in the world. I'll always remove all of my makeup first, I hate the feeling of being in a hot bath with a full face of makeup on. I absolutely love using sweet smelling shower gels, I have two still on the go that I purchased around Christmas time.


Once I'm out of the bath and feeling fresh, I'll usually flick the kettle on and make myself a cup of tea with one sugar and milk, Tetleys tea to be precise. I'll use my favourite mug, which was actually a gift, I love this 'P' mug so much. If I'm not in the mood for tea I'll grab a bottle of cold water or some juice instead. I'll then grab myself a little treat from the kitchen, normally some chocolate, a banana or a packet of crisps depending on what I fancy at the time. I try not to go overboard with snacks when I'm not feeling my best, cause with me one chocolate bar can turn into 6 very quickly! When I do like to indulge my favourite is probably Kinder chocolate.


I then head upstairs to my bedroom, light a sweet smelling candle and climb into bed. Right now I'm burning a candle I bought from a local shop near me in the scent 'Country Pancakes and Syrup'. Oh my god, It seriously leaves my whole house smelling like freshly made pancakes, heaven! I then like to open up my laptop and either watch a documentary of some kind or just several YouTube videos in a row. 4oD have some really interesting documentaries at the moment I've found myself watching them fairly often. However I could seriously watch YouTube videos for hours. I absolutely love Trisha Paytas' videos and The Saccone Joly's vlogs. Shani Grimmond is one of my all time favourites as well as Kathleen Lights and Essie Button. Watching people with such amazing, fun, personalities I find really cheers me up and makes me laugh, especially Estee and Shani.


I definitely couldn't leave out music! I am always listening to music, whatever I'm doing. I love such a variety of artists and genres. When I'm relaxing in bed, whether I'm online shopping, writing a blog post or on Facebook, I always have music on. My favourite being Ariana Grande. I think she has such a beautiful voice, my most listened to songs by her include 'Love Me Harder', 'Best Mistake', 'My Everything' and 'One Last Time'. Something completely different but I'm also obsessed with Drake's music. My top picks from him being 'Marvins Room', 'Come Thru', 'From Time' and 'Shot For Me'. They both have such unique voices and are artists I constantly listen to when I'm simply just relaxing.


I also find myself browsing through Instagram, a lot! It relaxes me to just browse through photos. Possibly my most used app, I could scroll through for hours. I especially love looking at peoples makeup looks they've created, landscape photography and photos of dogs! Another app that never fails to cheer me up is Vine! I don't currently post Vines myself but there are some hilarious videos on there that leave me in hysterics. Definitely worth checking out.


I couldn't leave out makeup. If it's the start of the day and I've woken up feeling under the weather, I find putting on my favourite lipstick, eyeshadow or blush really makes a difference. It not only brightens up my face, but puts me in such a better mood straight away. Perfect way to start off any day if you ask me, especially cause I love makeup.

What do you do when you're having a bad day? Thank you for reading! Talk soon xx 




5 comments

  1. This post is so relatable - I love being in my bed watching YouTube and all the other stuff haha! That bubble bath looks great! Oooh Snow Fairy - my favourite! x

    Jasmine || blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a bath on a bad day always helps! Or painting your toenails in a bright pink (at least, that works for me :-p )

    Nice and inspiring post!

    xo Elise

    https://bookscrapss.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And now I REALLY WANT that candle. Basically, if it makes my house smell like a bakery, I want it ;)

    Meghan | simplelifesoliloquies.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and its lovely - definitely following!

    A long hot soak in a Lush fizzing bath is always a great end to a bad day!!

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love baths!!! And I love watching Netflix too :)
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete