The POREfessional Matte Rescue / Your New Secret Weapon Against Pores.

Monday 1 February 2016


If you haven't already heard, Benefit Cosmetics have finally extended the much loved POREfessional family, please welcome the Matte Rescue Mattifying Gel! 

Matte Rescue is a water based gel which mattifies the skin by absorbing excess surface oil whilst also blurring pores to leave a smooth, hydrated finish. You can pick this up from any local Benefit counter or online for £21.50, for 50ml. 

There are three star ingredients that works its wonders within this product, which are;
Glycerin; Hydrates and attracts moisture to the skin. 
Mushroom Extract; Clarifies pores.
Diamond Powder; Smooths and blurs the appearance of pores for a soft focus effect.



Benefit tested this product on 66 women over a one week period. 93% of them said it mattifies the skin instantly, 92% said their skin felt clean and refreshed and finally 89% said it absorbed excess surface oil. For all you dry skin ladies (like myself|) you're probably thinking this is not a product for you, well you're wrong. With Matte Rescue containing Glycerin it will in fact hydrate your skin whilst of course blurring those pores away at the same time. It's also great if you're going on a night out, or have a long day ahead of you and don't want to have to constantly touch up with powder. I have dry skin so I was a bit hesitant to try this product, but working for Benefit myself I wanted to be able to give honest feedback from my experience with having dry skin and using Matte Rescue. 


I recently went clubbing at the weekend just after receiving this product so what better time to try it out. I usually get quite oily throughout the night and touch up my face a couple of times as I wear quite heavy makeup on a night out. I applied the gel to my forehead, around my nose and on my chin, then moisturised and applied my makeup. I was out from around half 10pm to 2.45am and I didn't have to powder once. My skin looked beyond amazing, I had a lot of highlighter on, but not once did I look shiny or oily, I was amazed at how well my makeup had lasted. I would definitely now recommend this to anyone with dry skin as well as oily because as long as you're using a moisturiser as well, Matte Rescue is perfect for anyone.

If you already have the original POREfessional primer then the two also work perfectly well together.  Though its aimed for anyone with oilier skin, this product works so amazingly well whatever your skin type. Definitely come down to your local Benefit counter and try it out for yourself, we can do a little comparison (before & after) test in store to show you just how well it works on your skin. Let me know if you've already picked this up or tried it, or now you want to give it a go, I'd love to know your opinions! Thank you so much for reading once again, don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin'. Talk soon xxx

6 comments

  1. Your profile photo is gorgeous! I don't like a matte finish but seen as though you said you didn't have to powder then I might give this a go, I don't usually like powder because like I said I don't like a matte finish on me :( xx
    www.katherinerosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, I'm all about making my skin matte and love the original Porefessional so will have to give this a go!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This product sounds fabulous! Definitely one to recommend to really oily people! I have combination/oily skin but I've got it under control! maybe I'll try this in the future though :)
    Jess | www.beautifulbreakable.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to give this a go! I have super oily skin so I love a matte finish obviously!xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how I feel about this!! I had such high hopes for the original porefessional after it was so hyped up but it just completely broke me out. I must have only used it about 4 times and it got given away. I'm tempted by this as I'm getting more into matte looks (wish I knew why!) but I'm hoping it doesn't have the same effect on my skin.

    Alexandra | alyspace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes the contents of the articles in this blog to my unggulkan able to task regarding coral, keep the spirit of the author. suplemen untuk kulit kering

    ReplyDelete