The Power Of Makeup; Nikkie Tutorials & Too Faced.

Sunday 9 October 2016

I recently picked up the new Power Of Makeup Collection by Nikkie Tutorials and Too Faced whilst shopping in Vegas. I was immediately drawn the purple shade 'Wham Bam' and knew I had to create a look with it. I'm going to show you step by step how I created the eye look I'm wearing above, I love the way that it turned out. I always start off by priming my eyes from lid to brow bone using a light concealer and setting it with translucent powder. 


I started off by blending the shade Painkiller into the crease. This is the perfect warm transition shade for starting off any eye look. Lightly dust this through the crease for definition and blend so there are no harsh lines. I can definitely see myself hitting pan on this shade first.


To deepen the crease even more, lightly add the shade Makeup & Chill. Blend this onto the Outer V to elongate the eyes. Continue to blend this shade into the crease until you reached your desired effect, depending on how light or dark you want the crease to be. Once more blend away any harsh lines to create a softer look. 



Apply a thin layer of a light concealer over the lid, below the crease, once more and set it with translucent powder. Appy the shade Wham Bam with a flat shader brush directly over it, all over the entire lid. Take your blending brush and blend through the crease once more to bring the look together. 


Apply the shade Mystic Hour to the outer corner and blend into the crease. This shade is stunning, a beautiful blue/green with silver reflects through it. This looks gorgeous when blended into the purple,  just for an extra bit of demension to the eye. 

Apply the shade Ivy to the brow bone and inner corners for a highlighted effect. I left mine liner free, but this look would look stunning with a winged liner as well. Apply a generous coat of mascara to your lashes, I used Benefit's Roller Lash. You can add false lashes if you want a more dramatic fuller lash effect. I added a pair of NYX Wicked lashes in the style Vixen, these are stunning! 


Sweep the shade Wham Bam along the lower lash liner from the outer corner to about halfway in. Deepen up the outer corner with Makeup & Chill and blend out to soften the edges.

And that is it! I hope you liked this look, I'll defintely be creating more looks using the palette soon as I love it! I usually stick to my neutral eyes so it was fun to play around with a bit of colour for a change. 



No comments