My Thoughts On; Tanya's Christmas.

Friday 10 November 2017

Tanya Burr is someone I've watched on YouTube for years now, I love her makeup, baking and vlog style videos. I've always supported her makeup line as well, she consistently brings out great products. Of course I love baking myself so I instantly bought her book 'Tanya Bakes', so I was really happy to find out that she was releasing another book. The book is described as a 'Beautiful Celebration of Christmas', crammed with festive recipes and craft projects. Just like 'Tanya Bakes', the photography in this book is beautifully done, I really do adore the layout of her books. The hardback version of Tanya's Christmas is only £16.99 on the Waterstones website. This book would make such a lovely Christmas or birthday (close to Christmas) present. I preordered my copy super early and managed to get myself a signed copy which I was super happy about, its the little things that make a difference! The book can also be bought as a Kindle version for those of you who don't want to purchase the physical copy. I had a quick look on Amazon and 99% of the reviews are 5 stars, I'm really glad that so many people are enjoying this lovely book.


The cover features a collage of photos of what to expect inside the book, mainly yummy food, crafts and her adorable dog Martha. I love the fonts, layout and colour schemes used, the cover is simple but super cute and inviting. The book consists of 7 chapters; Embrace Your Inner Elf, Deck The Halls, Christmas Gifting, Lets Party, Christmas Baking, The Main Event and Happy New Year. The end of the book features an Index and Acknowledgements section. Of course I was immediately drawn to the baking section because I'm a sucker for sweet food and baked goods and thankfully it didn't let me down, I love her baking recipes. The opening feature 'The Christmas Spirit' is a lovely letter from Tanya to really set the mood for the entire book, expressing her love for the festive season. Photos from some of her childhood Christmas's are just one of many things that make this book feel really special, there's even some of her drawings from when she was younger in the book.


My favourite chapter of course is chapter 5, Christmas Baking. As I mentioned earlier, I adore baking, it's been a passion of mine since I was really young and I love trying new recipes. I was so excited to recreate the sweet treats featured as I found so many amazing recipes from her previous book. The simple but delicious Chocolate Dipped Shortbread, Brownie Traybake and Gingerbread Cupcakes immediately caught my eye, I love the super effective combinations she creates with her recipes. I'll hopefully post on my Instagram really soon displaying a yummy bake I've made using this book. Of course as well she features how to make the perfect Christmas lunch/dinner along with a variety of cocktails. The other chapters are of course also super cute, It's like Tanya's very own personal Pinterest collection in book form. Every idea is just another way to create special memories with your friends and family, from finding the perfect gift to decorating your home, this book covers everything.


If you're a fan of Tanya, looking for a cute Christmas gift or just simply love this festive time of the year, I honestly couldn't recommend this book enough. She's clearly worked so hard to create this masterpiece and it really shows, from the personal photos she's chosen to the effort gone into each chapter, it really shows. Whether its getting crafty or baking delicious treats, I'll be non-stop reaching for this book over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas. If you've created/made anything from Tanya's Christmas I'd love to know what and how it went or just your opinions on the book. I personally love it, It has a warm and cosy feel throughout and is full of inspiring ideas to embrace the festive season. I really do hope that she releases more books in the future, so far they've all been great. Well done Tanya for an excellent book, I love it! 


No comments