Rose Smokes.

Friday 17 November 2017

I felt like playing around with rose gold, purple and pink tones today and this is the look I somehow created. I only used two palettes, Huda Beauty Rose Gold and Urban Decay Naked Heat, of course all the products I've used for my entire will be listed below. I'm going to take you through how I did my eyes, step by step. I also used tape for this look to create the sharp, crisp edges, you don't have too, you can clean it up after with a makeup wipe or leave it blown out and extra smokey. I recently dark my hair slightly dark as well, so I'm currently enjoying playing around with different shades that compliment my darker hair. 


To prep my eyes for eyeshadow I always use some form of concealer to cover the entire lid to brow area. Today I used the Freedom HD Longwear Concealer in the white shade, I find that the white provides such a clean, bright base for my shadows, I usually set this with translucent powder or a white eyeshadow. For my crease shade I've used Flamingo as shown above. I buffed this through the crease right down to my inner corner using a fluffy crease brush. This is a gorgeous warm, vibrant pink shade that looks amazing in the crease with a smokey look like this. I applied a few layers of this colour and really built it up. 


I'm using the shade Ashes from the Naked Heat palette next, this is going in the outer corner of the eye and alongside the tape. This is a stunning deep plum toned purple that goes super well with the pink tones we've already used. For this shade I used a denser crease brush that allows me to pick up a lot of product and place it where I want it to stay. Once I've got this colour on, I went back in with the brush I used for the pink and blend it out towards the outer portion of my crease and along the tape. 


Now for the lid, I wanted to use one of the pressed glitter shades from the palette to bring the look together nicely. First I applied a tiny bit more of my white concealer just on the lid and blended it out with a flat brush to ever so slightly cut the crease, again I set it with my translucent powder. I decided on the shade Fling, a slightly deeper rose shade. I used a flat brush and my finger to press on as much shadow as I could over where I applied the concealer. Once again, I then took the pink one final time and blended it through the crease, down to the inner corner. 

Products I used:
Benefit Hello Flawless Liquid Foundation 
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 
Freedom HD Longwear Concealer - White
RCMA No Colour Powder
NYX Contour Kit 
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush - Radiant Magenta
Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost - Ice Cold 
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara 
Huda Beauty Textured Rose Gold Palette
Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette
MAC Lip Liner - Subculture 
Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick - Mannequin 


Hope you liked this look I've created today, please let me know your thoughts in the comments below! I'll be posting more photos of this look and others over on my Instagram

1 comment

  1. I love it! I love the fact that you've not used liquid eye liner, I think that can sometimes take away the attention of the shadows! Xx

    https://bebeautifullyunique.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1


    ReplyDelete