How To Get Over A Breakup.

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Breakups can be really difficult, whether it was your decision to bring things to an end or theirs. At first you're going to feel like your whole world has come to an end and you don't want to leave your bed for anything or anyone. For me I'd also go through phases of not wanting to eat therefore loosing a few pounds along the way. I've only experienced a few breakups in my life so far, but I can definitely give you some advice on what to do and what not to do, based on what has helped me.

Go out and have fun. No I don't mean go and drink yourself into a coma or do anything ridiculous. I mean surround yourself with loving people who will take your mind off of things. Go shopping, clubbing, go see a movie or even just a quiet night in with a film and takeaway, at a friend or relatives house. This was the number one thing that helped me after my last breakup. I somehow ended up going clubbing every other weekend with the help of one of my best friends and I had so much fun it's unreal. Having these people around you to spend time with and talk to about how you're feeling is so important.

Focus on yourself. Try to really concentrate now on your goals in life. Whether it be at school, college, university or just your current or future career. Don't let your dreams slip away all because of that one person, focus on you. Always wanted to go travelling? Save up and go! Whatever your ambitions may be, get cracking on how you're going to achieve them and be the best you possibly can be. For me also, I got rid of any distractions I had laying around in my bedroom or on my phone for example, photos, or any unwanted gifts. It can work wonders to clear your space of all those little triggers. You don't have to throw things away, you can easily place them into a bag or box out of sight. Don't go crazy and burn them in your garden!

Treat yourself. Go out and buy yourself that bag or those shoes you've always wanted. Go splurge on new clothes or new makeup products and give yourself a little makeover. Another thing I most certainly did. I got my hair done, placed a large order on Missguided and treated myself to some new makeup goodies. If you have the money maybe even book yourself a holiday with family or a friend to get away for a bit, even if it's not abroad. Out with the old, in with the new!

Be healthy. Whatever you do, no matter how down or upset you're feeling don't let it effect your health. After my first ever breakup I didn't eat properly for nearly 2 weeks and lost around 6/7 pounds and it was very noticeable. Don't do what I did then, treat yourself to a delicious Chinese takeaway maybe even get more into cooking or baking. Believe me I learnt from that one that my health was more important. Exercise is another great way to keep busy and make yourself feel amazing, as it's known to improve moods. Whether it be going for daily/weekly runs or even signing up to the gym.

Social Media. This one I know a lot of people are guilty of. That is stalking their ex partners Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. This is the worst thing you can possibly do, seeing pictures of them happy without you is horrible, or even seeing that they have moved on with someone else. Delete and block them if you find you can't resist looking, otherwise be strong and move on. Don't feel like you now have go and find someone else just because they've updated their relationship status on Facebook from single, it's not a competition. Be sensible with your decisions and move onto someone new when you're good and ready, always remember that things happen for a reason.

What are your best tips for getting over a recent breakup? It's such a difficult but common topic to talk about I find. Remember that we all have different ways of coping and dealing with things. I hope you enjoyed reading this post, I'm hoping it'll help some of you in this situation. Talk soon! xx

2 comments

  1. I've recently just broke up with my girlfriend from a 3 year relationship and it was my first ever relationship and it's been so hard but I've found the best way to really try to forget about them is to block and delete them and not to stalk them every so often as then you feel like shit and to distract yourself. I've been reading a lot more blogs recently and have been trying to blog more often and am trying to be busy as possible, and I believe this has helped a lot. I just hate how I have put on some weight though from over-eating, which sucks but oh well xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cast a Love spells, marriage spells, breakup spells & bring back lost love spells. Witchcraft love spells, voodoo love spells, black magic love spells, binding love spells, marriage love spells, white magic love spells, divorce spells, spells for lost love, love spells that work fast, love spells for men, love spells for women, love potions, love muti, love rings, witchcraft spells, wiccan love spells, wicca love spells, traditional healing, divination & voodoo magic for love, email Dr Olorun Agbalazzy now: Olorunoduduwaspiritualtemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete