What I Brought On Holiday - Sephora/Drugstore Haul.

Friday 9 October 2015
Hey Everyone, today I thought I'd share with you the goodies I've picked up on my recent trip to Orlando, Florida. Of course I payed a couple of visits to Sephora to grab some products I've been wanting for a while, as well as Target for those drugstore finds. Hope you enjoy.


I'll start with Sephora, which I went too twice. On my first trip there I went in knowing I wanted to pick up a contour kit. My eyes were drawn straight to the Kat Von D stand, and after hearing so many amazing things about her Shade & Light Contour Kit I knew I had to pick it up. This cost me $46 and includes 6 shades highlight & set and contour your face with, a lovely selection of neutral, warm and cool tones. I then found myself in a dilemma when I reached the Anastasia Beverly Hills stand to find their contour kit as well, I made the instinct decision to just buy both. I got mine in the shade Light to Medium, it cost me $40. Again similar to the Kat Von D, it contains 6 shades to play with. I found the contour shades in this one to be slightly warmer toned though, so bare that in mind if you're stuck choosing between the two. Very happy to have both of these in my collection now.


Also from Sephora I had to pick up my holy grail mascara Two Faced's Better Than Sex. This is the one mascara that I constantly recommend to everyone. After three coats, It adds the perfect amount of length and volume whilst curling every lash. It can get a bit clumpy if you use too much but for me its everything I could ever want in a mascara. I paid $23 for this, for us UK girls you can find this at Debenhams or Beauty Bay. Another product I had to have from Two Faced is their Chocolate Bar palette. If you know me, you know I love warm neutrals and this palette has the most beautiful selection of golds, coppers and warm browns, perfect for my blue eyes. This cost me $49, I'm so happy I have this in my eyeshadow collection now.


Now up until now I've never owned any products from Becca. I went into Sephora determined to get the famous Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop. I've heard nothing but amazing things about this highlighter since it was released. I was so happy with my purchase when I tried it on my face for the first time, a little goes a very long way. This cost me $38. Whilst browsing I also gave in to temptation and picked up Opal as well. This shade is absolutely gorgeous, they apply so smoothly and give off such a beautiful glow. I couldn't recommend these two enough.


I couldn't not pick up some drugstore products, I headed over to Target to see what's new in the drugstore. I was overwhelmed by the selection of nude lipsticks, I had to narrow it down as I had way too many in basket. I added up with two of the new Maybeline Creamy Matte Lipsticks, the selection was lovely and I'm annoyed that I only got two. The first is 656 Clay Crush, a natural pink nude with a slight brown tone to it, very similar to Mac's Kinda Sexy. The second shade I chose was 670 Ravishing Rose, a lovely medium cool toned pink. Staying with lipsticks, I also chose two shades from Milani's Colour Statement Lipstick range. I went for 26 Nude Creme, a classic light pink nude shade and 29 Teddy Bare, a darker nude more on the brown side. Lovely formula and they smell incredible!


Also from Maybeline I picked up another Brow Drama setting gel, they didn't have my usual dark blonde shade so I ended up going with the transparent one, I'll which one I end up preferring. I then spotted their new Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara. I've only used this twice but I already love it. I've always been a fan of their Falsies range but this is on another level. It really lengthened my lashes, separated them and gave enough volume. It does clump up if you apply too much, keep that in mind, but it reminded me of my loved Two Faced Better Than Sex. Definitely worth checking out.


The last brand I purchased from was NYX, I only got two things sadly. I decided to give their classic HD finishing loose powder a go, and I've been using it since. I leaves a lovely matte, silky natural finish to the skin which looks just as good, if not better than my favourite Rimmel Stay Matte. I also picked up one of the Baked Blushes. I chose the shade Wanderlust, a typical blush shade for me, a peachy natural pink with gold shimmer. Leaves a lovely natural sheen to the cheeks without looking overdone or too much colour.

Wow that was a lot! That was everything I picked up whilst on holiday! What products have you been buying recently? I'd love to know, I'm always on the hunt for more! Thank you for reading x

12 comments

  1. Great haul! Wish you could purchase Kat Von D products in the UK without heavy custom charges. I bought myself a macbook (with student discount) as my previous laptop died and I've been buying a lot of makeup since I ended my makeup ban of two months.

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I was so excited so finally be able to get my hands on some KAt Von D products in Sephora, the prices to ship to the UK are ridiculous! A Macbook is a good investment though I couldn't live without mine! And I don't think I could survive a makeup ban aha x

      Delete
  2. I've been a bit disappointed with the ABH contour kit however the KVD one looks amazing! I love NYX but haven't tried either of those products! Great haul!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've definitely found myself reaching for the KVD kit a lot more! And me too, I wish NYX was more readily avaliable in the UK. Thank you so much x

      Delete
  3. Definitely looks like you got some amazing goodies!! A lot of my friends like using the Kat Von D shade and light palette as an eyeshadow palette, as well. So now you don't have to just have two contour palettes; one can be dual-purpose :)

    Steff @ http://brighterdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's lovely for a really light shadow in the crease for a natural look! They're both lovely products though! x

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul! Love the Too Faced chocolate bar palette the colors are so pretty and it smells like chocolate.

    Awkwardgirlx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the smell!! I can't help myself but to smell it everytime I'm using it aha x

      Delete
  5. ah I want it all! good choice of toofaced products!
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Maybelline lipsticks, they're so creamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These ones are lovely, especially for a Matte formula, they're still so creamy!

      Delete